(1) Environmental impact assessment in coastal marine ecosystems. Evaluation of effluents effects in the benthic fauna and their habitat. Impact of fishing on coastal ecosystems.
(2) Ecosystem structure and functioning. Landscape ecology in marine systems. Experimental ecology in coastal marine ecosystems. Structure and dynamics of populations and marine communities.
(3) Ecological and socio-economic bases for management and conservation of fishery resources. Biodiversity and ecology of conservation. Design and implementation of Marine Protected Areas. Management and conservation of coastal resources following an ecosystem approach.
Research projects in progress
- Small-scale fisheries and marine ecosystem services: adaptation and transformation to secure human wellbeing. Inter-American Institute for Global Change Reasearch (IAI)
- Ecological and socio-economic bases for the management of fishery resources, environmental impact assessment and climate change in coastal systems of Uruguay. GRUPO I+D CSIC UNDECIMAR – GEPEIA
- Towards the innovation of post-extractive processing of the yellow clam, Mesodesma mactroides. Project CSIC VUSP